Dear WAYS Community,
Hope you are having a pleasant weekend. Wow the days are going by so quickly! Here is a recap of our busy past week.
• The advanced fifth grade science students did a demonstration at Los Angeles Adventist Academy and were very well received. The students were so impressed with the scientific knowledge our students have gained this year, well above their grade level.
• The Manchester and Salvation Army campuses had their Black History month assemblies showing how much they have learned about important African Americans and their contributions to many disciplines.
• The fifth grade families met and learned about all the exciting activities that their children will experience in the next few months such as Lake Arrowhead Science camp, and the Musical Traces at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion.
• Mr Cabil hosted another talk on bullying prevention.
• We had our monthly coffee with the administration
• The trimester ended and parents had conferences and started receiving report cards (some teachers will send out this week)
This week highlights are:
• Dr. Seuss’s birthday! Let’s read across America.
• All fourth graders across the state will be taking the writing exam, which will have the children write either a persuasive, expository or narrative essay.
• Our monthly awards assembly will be on Friday March 8th
• On Saturday, March 9th- selected students will be seeing a live show at the Geffen Theatre in Westwood.
◦ This week we also learned that our Sharefest project has been adopted!- mark your calendars for May 4th for our first annual workday at the Kinder school. See www.sharefestinc.org for details.
◦ In March we send in our box tops. Please send in all that you have as each one is worth 10 cents and it adds up.
◦ Please pick up lost and found items. We will be donating left over items on Tuesday
◦ We say goodbye and Thank you to Ms Harris for her dedicated and excellent service to our second grade students during the time that Ms.Scott was on Maternity leave, and we welcome back Ms Scott!
See you tomorrow,