Dear WAYS Community,
Wow! We have just completed 142 days of school! The next two months will be full of activities for students, parents, and staff.
On Monday WAYS teachers re-certified their CPR training. On Thursday Revolution Foods, a healthy school lunch program, visited and presented selected students with a taste test. The verdict? “Delicious!”
Friday’s Coffee with the Administration was the best attended yet. It is always so nice to hear from parents about their child’s progress in a casual setting.
Here are the highlights for the upcoming week:
Tuesday: The fifth graders will have their final science competition. The current score is one for the Manchester campus and one for the Salvation Army campus. The students have been working hard with Mr. White. We wish them luck.
Wednesday: Ms. Cheryl Cooley will be presenting a parenting talk on how to effectively communicate with your child. The flyer is attached Parenting Flyer April 10.
Friday: Our monthly awards assembly.
Reminder: The CST begins on the 23rd of April. You can help your child by:
1. Reading with them and asking questions about what you have read.
2. Making sure your child has a time and space for homework.
3. Making sure your child has plenty of sleep at night.
4. Making sure your child is at school everyday on time.
5. You are feeding your child healthy food at home.
Thank you for your continued support.